This quarantine has given me a major travel bug — or maybe just a “get-out-of-the-house bug.” Anyone else? 😉
I actually ran into some photos a few days ago from when I studied abroad in college, so I’ve been reminiscing on that lately. A group of 60 students from the marketing department at Texas A&M spend a month in London, France, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, and Germany every summer, and I was lucky enough to be chosen to go just a few months before my wedding (HA, another story for another time).
I know some of y’all reading this are currently in college, so if you ever get the opportunity to study abroad, I 100% encourage you to go for it! I took these notes during my trip, and finally decided to put them together for a little post on funny memories that I’m sure other students (or travelers in general) can relate to.
1. Finally conquering the London Tube the day you leave for your next destination.
2. Drinking wine at every meal, because it’s cheaper than water.
3. Gripping your bags on the train because of the horror theft stories you’ve heard.
4. Adding “expert wifi-hunter” to your resume.
5. Walking the entire town of Fussen, because you bought tickets to the wrong castle.
6. Spending all the money you saved up within the first week.
7. Getting lost in Venice.
8. Eating gelato after every meal. Seriously, every single one.
9. Becoming besties with your professor. ☺️
10. Deciding it’d be a good idea to climb all 528 steps of St. Paul’s Cathedral.
11. Using venmo every day, because no one splits checks.
12. Gaining the “freshman 15” all over again, because Italian food is so much better than American.
13. Receiving GroupMe and Remind 101 messages around the clock.
14. Eating a pig head in Munich, because why not?
15. Trying to keep up with all the different languages and resorting to Spanish.
16. Walking so much that your legs become jello.
17. Planning your next international trip, even though you only have $7 left.
18. Pulling an all-nighter on the last night to find out your flight has been cancelled.
19. Leaving half your suitcase behind, because you bought too many souvenirs.
20. Forgetting the “study” part of “study abroad” and rushing to finish your 60-page report.
Is this quarantine giving you the travel bug, too? Where’s the next vacation you plan to take? ✈️🌎
----- LET'S KEEP IN TOUCH -----
Subscribe to my newsletter HERE.